Due to the Child Protection Act we are required to strictly enforce the following rule:
Every child under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 18 at
all times when on club property whether competing or spectating.
Rude, abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated at any show, rally or event.
Anyone behaving in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave.
1. Children's ages are taken from 1st January of the current year. Age on 1st January must be shown on membership form. Juniors 17 years & under on 1st January.
2. Members must pay their annual subscription before competing in any club events.
3. The cross country course at Simms Hill is closed to all riders except on designated dates. Any member found breaking this rule will be expelled from the club.
Non members at open events will be asked to leave the show.
4. No horse/pony under 4 years old will be allowed to take part in any of our ridden events
5. At open events, horse classes are for horses OVER 148cm.
6. You must not leave your horse/pony unattended tied up outside either a horsebox or trailer under any circumstances.
7. You are strongly advised to obtain third party insurance.
8. At all events ponies/horses must be ridden quietly with consideration to other competitors and spectators.
9. Lunging only in safe areas.
10. Please note at EDRC events draw-reins are not permitted in the collecting ring.
11. When riding on public roads, members are reminded to ride carefully and to show courtesy & respect to other road users. Please acknowledge courteous drivers when safe to do so.
12. EDRC complies with safeguarding policies. For this reason unless prior permission has been gained, only invited & official photographers may be allowed to take photographs of the competitors & general public at events.